RCU Forums - View Single Post - screaming siren
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Spychalla Aircraft
My Feedback: (34)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: screaming siren

I love dive sirens on a Stuka and realize there is a wide open market opportunity. The problem is proper design and cost.

A company out of Kansas City named I4C used to make the siren I have here in the pictures. It is fantastic and used to sell for about $140. They went out of business so the sirens are no longer available. I have reverse engineered the components and had them quoted by a local CNC house. It quickly became cost prohibitive to make these sirens. This may be what I4C learned and the reason they quit making them. A batch of 50 would have required a selling price of around $200 each to make it worthwhile. Nobody is going to buy them.

With that strategy turning up to be a failure I have been playing with some lower cost alternatives. Nothing to show from my development yet but the way I figure it the market demand would be strong at around $50 each. So that is what I am shooting for. Not sure if it can be done. My next steps are to test a low cost prototype this spring and see if it holds together.

I have that JCWhitney Siren brand new if anyone wants to buy it and play with it. First $20 takes it. I will cover the shipping. Send me a PM.

Leo Spychalla
Spychalla Aircraft LLC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59760.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1367233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91742.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1367234