RCU Forums - View Single Post - os 55, webra 50gt, or rossi 45
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 10:00 AM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os 55, webra 50gt, or rossi 45

Ok guys.. Mind me but I have been to the "dark side" of 100-150cc aerobatic gassers and havent ran the 40 size in a while.. Myself and 4 others got the need for speed and bought great planes vipers.. I just maidened mine yesterday with an old os 46ax and macs tuned exaust. I was spinning an apc 9x6 at 16000 rpm. Noticed before the engine was installed it had a bad "gald on the piston".. the engine had been on a GP learjet and ragged out for 5 years doing speed runs, so I am not suprised. On my first flight of the viper it was spinning 16k and ripping through the air. Second flight the engine ran rough and lost the perfect needle setting I had. I think its about gone. SO....... sorry for the long story.. I am about to buy a new engine and am looking for anyone with experience with these types.. I have never had a bad os.. The 46 I have has been most reliable and had a hard life. Thats why I was thinking of the 55. I know they are pointed more towards torque.Can I get the rpm out of the os 55?? . I know my 46ax turned up. The rest of the guys are running JETS, and ROSSI'S on their vipers. never had a webra and only one rossi.. I am thinking the os because my macs pipe will fit right on.. What do you guys think??