RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best 4ch Beginner Plane
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 09:05 PM
mrfourtysevenman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best 4ch Beginner Plane

watch out for:
planes with the wing shaped at a "V" angle too much.
overpriced RTF planes.
wood propellers. they are for sport planes.

look for:
gms and Tower hobbies engines. they are great and a .25-.70 will be under 100 dollars.
o.s. engines. they are good and the BASIC MUST HAVE. they are a little more expensive but i should know %100 that it is not gonna break.
APC propellers. (11x6 is the best prop for a .46 engine) they are the grey ones. they give more torque and makes the engine run faster, more fuel efficient and you will need less needle valve adjustment.
master airscrew. not as good as APC but still gets the job done.
flat wings just bearly pitched at a "V"
Futaba s3003 servos. they are the cheapest servo you can find. they are strong, dont break, and ONLY 16 bucks. (torque is 56.9 oz-in)

dont get the nexstar RTF. the AFS system sucks and it will confuse your plane into crashing.
the arf kinda sucked too.
get the AVISTAR! or the superstar. they are better and you can learn on and grow into them.
the U Can Do (any size) is great for learning how to land. its airfoil design gives it the ability to land/fly at super slow speeds. it is a stunt plane but actually easy to fly. EVERYBODY who has ever flown one just goes crazy over them. allso, look for a plane with a wing that is long and fat.
the U Can Do's wing is 1/2 as wide as it is long and thats why it's so easy to fly. the Tower Trainer ARF by towerhobbies IS ONLY 70 FKING DOLLARS ITS A GOOD TRAINER AND A GREAT DEAL
play around in realflight simulator. i had to pirate my copy to use my transmitter on it and let me say that it does not capture the slight turbulence you get in real life but you WILL use things you learned in the simulator on real life. aerofly simulator is EXTREMELY realistic. you can adjust the turbulence amount and if you go too slow, you will stall. just like in real life. look on creigslist for great deals from people looking to get rid of their planes for cheap. one more note.
the U Can Do requires 6 servos, 2 "Y" connectors and 3 extention servo cords.