RCU Forums - View Single Post - 7955 with a Y-Harness?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 01:12 AM
capitalB
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 7955 with a Y-Harness?

I still do it the old school method,as I fly at a very remote field with no frequency issues. I run 2 receivers,2 separate batteries and switches. I then set the plane up to fly on ether system if one fails ,half the digitals go into fail-safe,the other side controls the remaining surfaces.The other benifit is that I have full amperage at all times to the High-draw digitals,as the load is spread between the 2 batteries and HD switches.The weight penalty on a 15lb plane is maybe 5oz and the servo wire routing looks very sanitary.Now this is only possible on 72mhz systems I don't think you can do it on 2.4 gig.By the way I have seen planes lost to the 2.4 systems and if you talk to a top electrical engineer or tech,the 2.4 Radios have yet to reveal there weakness'and they will not cover up a bad install or the lock-up that happens when the receiver is temporally unable to provide enough current flow causing a voltage drop below 4vts causing the receiver to "Grey-out"and reboot while in safe mode not cool hovering 3feet off the deck!! I can post photos of my dual receiver set up if anybody wants ,You can also pair your 9 channel with a 6 channel if needed,Brian