RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brian Taylor OS2U Kingfisher Build
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 11:27 PM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brian Taylor OS2U Kingfisher Build

I ended up using the Dubro cowl brackets and some ply extensions to mount the cowl. I originally put the engine for a look and realized I couldn"t stop working on it! I continued by mounting the engine, using a Hitec H55 micro servo with four stroke linkage on the engine side for the throttle. I figure the more weight I can keep up front the better I will be. The Dubro system works great on the plane and the cowl is mounted firmly. I would suggest to anyone building this plane to use that system. You just have to add some ply plating off the firewall front to extend them out far enough. I cut the cowling for the Saito 62 and installed the needle extension. I put a 13" prop on it and there is a lot of room from the float. In one picture from the front you can see the plywood standoffs I made for the cowl mounts. I had to cut the fuel tank floor out as the BT plans build the tank area high and having the engine inverted the fuel tank would have been way above the carb. I put in two washers worth of right thrust in the engine so that should be good. Also mounted the rudder and elevator servos amidship in the fuse. Need to make up pushrods now. I will be going over my buddy's house to use his building table to do the wing as he custom made it with Homasote and cork on top. It is 8 ft long and completely flat. Perfect for wings!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50640.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1381431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66060.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1381432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76276.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	93.2 KB