RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/3 Scale Halberstadt D.III
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Henner Trabandt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/3 Scale Halberstadt D.III

Hi Ron and Abu,
I see some old pix comeing up again. And I still got the book mentioned in my workshop. But, you know, the book describes the story of three Halbi CL IV, not the D III, this thread is about.

They found three Halbies in Krakow, Poland, took them to Berlin, Germany where they restored them. Two of them are now exhibited in the USA, in the U.S Airforce Museum Daiton/Ohio and the National Air And Space Museum in Washington D.C. In the book they describe the full story of the restoration and in addition al lot of information about the Halberstadt Flugzeug Werke from the beginning to the end. In many colour pictures they show lots and lots of details ans fine drawings complete the book. A must-have for every Halbi-fan, I think.

Too bad, the book is no longer available. If someone should be interested, I could scan some of the fotographs.

And there is another CL IV exhibited in Germany. It is the plane, the owner Paul Straehle flew after the war as a civil passenger plane. It is the D 71. Could be an interesting thing to build.

And the Halbi is a very nice plane. I´m sure, she will fly as she looks like!

Yours
Henner

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48910.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	1381568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49084.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1381569