RCU Forums - View Single Post - []TEX[] & Lunchboxer's Spec Race Build Diary-Suzuki Swift M03
Old 02-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Bok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: []TEX[] & Lunchboxer's Spec Race Build Diary-Suzuki Swift M03

Casper06,

The stripes are tape. Gotta get some glossy black tape so it'll look better

Took the Mini to the track today

Before going, I swapped out the silvercan for a Tamiya Super Stock 23 turn motor I had in my toolbox. First impression: This thing is a blast to drive! There was a lot of wheelspin when gunning it from a standstill, feels like a real FWD car. What surprised me though was there was a lot of steering available. The rear end was a bit loose too, it would swing around when turning off-power. Had to dial down the dual rate and soften up the rear suspension. But not once did it roll over while turning, which is a good thing Will have to go to the LHS to get a set of springs. Right now I'm running soft all around, I think hard front and medium rear might be better like what they recommend here: http://www.rc-mini.net/joomla/index....d=44&Itemid=60

Also ran my TT01. Broke off the wheel and I didn't even crash during the run. This was a Yokomo wheel, this never happened to the Tamiya wheels I was using before. Good thing I brought the Mini! [8D]

So far so good! The Mini body suffered a couple of scratches, but it is just too fun to drive around the track. Tamiya Cup starts two weeks from now, it looks like I'll be entering the M03!