RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Saves?
Thread: Great Saves?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: Great Saves?

I took off a friends G-62 powered Giant Stinger this spring. He had just installed a 10C radio so me and two other guys looked it over. We all screwed up and the Ailes were reversed. So it gets 10' in the air and rolls left. i correct and it's inverted before you know it. So I pushed it out and gained about 300'. Luckily I have a 9C and knew a little about how the programing was set up. We also got lucky his ailes were on a Y. It took about 8 minutes to fly this thing and get the radio changed. I am a thumb flyer, and I know this sounds stupid, but I flew it with the end of my index finger while all this was going on. I still went the the wrong way a few times, but my index finger had no muscle memory and it made it easier to control. The 10C has a knob and a toggle on the right where the 9C only has the knob. This made for some tense moments as I was having a little trouble navigating the menu with my hind end puckered up. Not to mention flying the plane with reversed ailes. The guys were all telling me just to land it reversed. As long as it was running I could not see doing that. I knew it would run 20 minutes at 1/3 throttle. So I finally get them reversed and landing the thing.
I have never told this story before. Because even though it was a great save, it was my dumba** fault they were reversed to start with. At least my flying buddies see it as a save.

david