RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need advice: MGT 4.6 or XTM XST ??
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:42 PM
mrsmartjohnson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need advice: MGT 4.6 or XTM XST ??

There is plenty of room on the GST 7.7 to wrench and i think the reason it looks tight is because of the high side rails(similar to HPI Savage)that they use to protect evrything instead of using a double stacked chasis like Losi uses! Also it doesn't break, it was only truck to finish ROAR without breaking!!! Compaing it to my Losi LST which is way better than MGT or HPI savage,the GST 7.7 dwarfs all of them in comparison and it's axles, hubs, everything else are huge in comparison. The 5HP engine provides more torque so it doesn't work as hard as the smaller 4.6 engines,andit has a 3 speed transmissionand it is available in 3 speed revers too, so i beleive fuel will be really close! The 7.7 GST is no light weight though I beleive it to be around 16lbs and it flies great and handle big jumps awesomely! i have seen several videos with people bashing hard end over end 10 plus times and it keeps going! I also own a Losi Ten-t that has a Spektrum DX3S radio and is capable of holding 10 models so I am currently thinking about getting one and selling the stock radio and receiver and buying a spektrum 3100T receiver and can use my awesome radio with telemtry on it!!! But I need someone to buy a brand new Losi aftershock that has LST upgrades on it as well as a SH .28 MP3 engine way more than stock or even the Losi 454 offers! It has JR racing radio with 3 year gurantee also that I will sell for $400 OBO, everything is new and I onll put 1 tank in it so far starting to break it in!!! I like the GST 7.7 that much to sell one of my favorite 1/8 scale MT to get one. I used to like HPI savage 4.6 SS, but everything breaks on them and you have to upgrade everything on them to make them reliable, so that isn't a option and they aren't as good as my Losi MT anyway! The Mgt 4.6 components are way smaller than Losi and even more so than the GST 7.7 The only complaint i see possibly on the GST 7.7 is the ugly body (IMHO)!!! I thought about putting a cool pearl white bug body on it with flames!!! Will have to wait and see if I keep the Losi first or not as it hasn't been broken in yet, Cen racing says they guarantee parts will be in a hobby shop within 30 miles of anybody or the part is free anyway! there are several LHS that stock cen racing RC's mostly the same ones that stock XTM that I have found locally and there are over 20 hobby shops within a 15 mile radius of me!

P.s. Also ther is over 5 inches of suspension travel, so the lower profile tires don't hurt anything!! They are over 7.5" tall too and if they made them higher profile it wouldn't handle and it has over 4" of ground clearance this way! To be able to go over 40 MPH with this 17 lb MT is simply amazing if you think about the inertia it takes, and if you want more power and aren't afraid of a little more noise, they claim you can take the baffle out of the tuned pipe as it is a 2 piece and says incredible gains are experienced! i just noticed they said receiver box is sealed too (very unusual in this class)!!