RCU Forums - View Single Post - New track
Thread: New track
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New track

ORIGINAL: MTboy

Yesterday I found a track 2hours away that run fun races on the weekends for club members. They mostly run nitro but have no problem with others running electric. I was already planning on getting a blitz to race with friends but now am thinking I would like to get a 1/8 BL bad *** racing machine (once I sweet talk the wife)..lol I've never raced but want to do it right from the start so I don't end up spending more in the long run..
So I am looking at 1/8th BL.. or a 1/10th that would keep up with the nitro's..

What are some good options in the price range of the Vorza flux $$560+ lipo's..

After looking more I may need to stay with 1/10th. 1/8th seems to be pretty pricey..
Hows the Cyber10b??
Brama 10B??
Any good race truggies?
Brama 10b is complete crap its non-upgradeable, parts are scarce, no hopups (minus a single aluminum drive shaft that was made for the E10), and is meant to run in pure stock form which is about 11 MPH tops on its 35t motor. HPI customer support even said they never meant for it to be anything over a bare bottom intro buggy when I asked if there was a metal gear that could be used in the drive line (the diff has a plastic gear in it). I dropped a BL system in one and it got tore up big time. Rear end snapped off, had cracks goin down the whole chassis, and liquefied one of the main drive gears
You would do better with a Tamiya Plasma Edge (DF-02) or a Dark Impact (DF-03). I got a DF-02 and it blows the Brama away in durability, its ability to upgrade, hop-ups, parts support, and looks Only issue I've had with a DF-02 is the stock shocks suck(the shaft is about as firm as warm butter and bends easy), and fitting in a lipo(think I solved this one though).

Cyber 10b never seen one, neither has my hobby shop and their a HPI distributor, the manager said he ordered some and got bramas instead that they can't sell lol

other options you have:

buy a nitro jammin X1 RTR (or a roller) sell off the nitro equipment (motor alone goes for around $140 on ebay), and get the electric conversion and plop in a $140 EZ-run BL system in it with batteries.

Get a MT2 roller for under $100 and do a BL conversion, there is a kit or you can fashion your own parts, also you will need to plop a $110 ez-run into it. I'm actually in the middle of a drastic redesign an electric conversion on the MT2's elder sibling the MT1 (prolly gonna make it a MT2 in the end seeing its like 5 parts difference). BTW The 1/10th scale MT2 is the same size as a Jammin x1 1/8th buggy (I was shocked at that when I saw them next to each other).