RCU Forums - View Single Post - 35% Carden Cap Landing Characteristics !?!?
Old 07-26-2003, 08:14 PM
klbass
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35% Carden Cap Landing Characteristics !?!?

Burner, I had the same balloning problem with my H-9 Cap. Its the nature of all Caps. Its taken me a year to really nail the landings on this plane. I still manage to go-around about 1 to every three landing attempts. I have found that flying final approach with a little power and slight down elevator pressure helps. I am usually hot on landing but it definately helps. Shoot to set a landing attitude with a lttile bit of power while coming down final approach at about 15-20 feet and 50 yards from touchdown. To do this, back off power a click or two at a time as you are coming down final. You'll find that the Cap will "settle" into its landing attitude. Now ,once you are in the landing attitude HOLD that power setting until you are a foot off the ground. Dont let it get to slow on you. Now ever so slowly come back to idle. TRY NOT TO FLARE or slam the power to idle. She will ballon every time! Try this technique with your Carden. It has helped with my H-9 100%. Now I land three point everytime.