RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Aack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

Well if its done then it looks like I'll be cracking it open later and poking around with the meter. I might buy some parts and build a 5.5v regulator into the foot behind the charge socket if I can work this out. Theres heaps of room in there, I don't know why they didn't do it themselves. It may be redundant, I may end up losing the existing battery connection and putting the battery through a 5v reg and into the USB rx pair. I'd just lose the local voltage monitoring then. I'm just struggling mentally with the fact that once powered from USB it can monitor and charge the battery. It has connectivity down there, it just can't power off it as if there is a little dc-dc convert or something that has eveporated.

It'd be a real shame to not get it going again. Its technically well ahead of most things around, and I have 2 transcievers, one never even used.

Anyone tried binding the 4pk to a nomadio rx? If that worked, did the telemetry work? Yeah I know. Thats a probably longer shot than getting Nomadio to fix the handset.

BTW: How do I contact Nomadio about this? I bought the unit through Tower and they shipped it to oz. I suspect Nomadio would want it shipped back to US if they were to look at it themselves. That would just be painful.