RCU Forums - View Single Post - duruatrax firehammer
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 11:26 PM
goneracing_83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: duruatrax firehammer

Hello all!!! i have been reading this forum all afternoon, and got to say there is some helpful info here. Well i better say first off im goin to be gettin my FIRST 1/5 scale truck with in the next week or so i have a hold on it til i have the rest of the funds. would of had the money this week but wife just had to go freakin shopping AGAIN!!!! lol oh well im gettin what i been wanting for some time now. I am gettin a used FH MT and was wondering what to look for when i get it, like weak points. i know that i will be going completely thru it. check bearings and all the bolts and what not. it already has the steel pinion and splur gear and a Nutech oil filled diff. Now the guy bought and installed the Alloy Large Motor Mount from Powerslideracing.com but once he did the stock rear bulkhead brace did not fit at all. When it was placed in its correct position the layshaft and diff gear were not touching at all. what would cause that? Could it be that the large engine mount the wrong one? do FG large engine mounts work? ( that is if it would be a FG one) not really sure what it could be bc i dont have the tuck but can complain for 380 bucks and the only thing it needs is a radio system (goin to put a 2.4ghz 3ch sysem in it anyway). and to get the gearing to line up correctly. I couldnt pass it up. wife was upset that im gettin back into the RC hobby. I did run nitros and always wanted a BIG truck to run around and chase the stray cats away with LOL!!!!

Any info would be great!!!!

Thanks again!