RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC8T RTR Tunning Help....
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 09:29 PM
pistolpete01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC8T RTR Tunning Help....

Hey guys I need some help......

I just got an AE RC8T RTR from Tower Hobbies this week and I was anxious to get it running. It has a 4.60 PRO (.28 PRO) engine. Today I went out and started breaking in the engine the way the manual says. I have already gone through 4-5 tanks and I still cannot get it to idle right, much less get it tunned right. On the last tank, (tank 5) I gave it some throttle about 1/4 to 1/2, and most of the times it would shut off, the other times it was real sluggish. While I had it running during each tank the tires would keep spinning real fast and sounded like it was really reving up. I messed alittle with the HSN and LSN but ended up putting them back to the standard setting like the manual says. After the 5th tank I finally gave up.

Here are the needle settings as stated in the manual:

High speed mixture:
Screw the high speed mixture screw clockwise, until it bottoms out. DO NOT over tighten. Now turn the mixture screw counter-clockwise 2 3/4 turns.

Low speed mixture:
Make this adjustment with the throttle closed, after setting the idle. Turn the screw clockwise gently until it bottoms out. DO NOT over tighten. Now turn the low speed mixture screw counter clockwise 6 1/2 turns.

I have it exactly like it says and still having trouble. If anyone can help me give me some advice, please.

When I broke in my Savage it was alot easier to break in and tune. I had it running real good the first day I broke in the engine, but with this RC8T, can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks
Pete Garcia