RCU Forums - View Single Post - SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 09:16 PM
MsgtRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Great weather for flying today, Ran the Sap post hub key replacement. I spent much of the day tweeking the needles, that is until the spinner and prop let go. ALWAYS stand behind the plane when adjusting!! I was following the recommended procedures 10 seconds at idle to full throttle for 5 seconds and listen for drop in rpm and such. Well let me tell you, 3 seconds at high, the rpm dropped and picked back up again and there went the spinner! cracked the cone and dented the wing when the prop landed.

I don't recommend the Syssa carbon fiber cone. The spinner backplate has no cross hatch machining to help hold the prop. The nut and washer up front don'thave any either. Equates to a smooth surface both fore and aft on the prop. Atleast the hub key didn't fail. I took off the backplate and dave brown nut and remounted the Syssa washer and nut with no further issues. I have a graphtech carbon fiber spinner on my DLE55 and have NEVER thrown the prop or cracked anything after 4 gallons of fuel. The quality of the Syssa spinner was not even close to the Graphtech and neither is the price! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Ialso had several dead sticks today, something I didn't have the first time flying this engine. I'll need more time tweeking the needles. Otherwise it was a good fly day.