RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fazer Servos
Thread: Fazer Servos
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2002, 03:29 AM
m.gramling
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fazer Servos

This is a previous post from a friend of mine.

If you want to save weight on a Fazer and you using a .40 or less(plenty of
power).First copy the 2 very HEAVY pcs. of 1/8 ply fuse sides onto 1/64 ply( I built mine w/ 1/64) or 1/32 (more rigid) and throw away the 1/8 (to heavy) sheets. This is assuming that you know how to land an aircraft. I can't believe that they took painstaking steps to lighten the wing on this thing then kill it with an indestructable(or so you would think) fuse. This does not flex or cause bad vibrations. I did put a piece of 1/8 ply next to the L.G. for support,11/2in. square. My Fazer weighs 3lbs 2 oz. with an O.S..32 hovers @ 1/2 thro.no pipe.

The plan will fly great but if you can't grease a landing you will be repairing it alot. I have seen this plane fly. He scratch built it. He built his wing ribs out of 1/16 balsa. He didn't put pull pull on anyting. He used mini servos on everything, and micro on throttle. he is not lying about the weight. I weighed it at a post office scale. This plane in HIS hands flys better than anything I have ever seen. he would do inverted flat spins 3 feet off the ground, then he would make the inverted flat spin climb. He also got one fazer down to 3lbs even. He would fly his plane and never get above 15 ft. above the runway. Best fun fly pilot I have ever seen. He has moved to but he tought me a lot. He alway told me "Built them to fly, not to crash", "If you worry about crashing, you will never become a great fun fly pilot." We didn't call him "Killer Miller" for nothing.