RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA District X Special Election
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA District X Special Election

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

ABSURD!?

You see nothing wrong with the membership footing the bill to fly guys around to shake each other's hands at Xmas parties?
I am not aware of nor have I ever heard of "guys being flown around" to shake hands at a Christmas party. Most all AMA District people I know of drive to whatever events they need to go to. AMA HQ people do fly, so maybe some of your anger should be directed that way.

As to your comment about this being none of my business since I'm not a member of this district...this is my business because I don't want to see this wasteful and frivolous attitude towards the AMA's money go unchallenged.
You have every right to your opinion, but I take exception to your characterization that travel is a frivolous waste of money. And that is not a DVP's decision by themselves. That is a decision of the entire EC, so maybe you should contact your DVP and try to get him to understand your position. Maybe you can convince him to get the AMA to cancel all the money for the Districts.

I would never complain about not seeing any of the ''leadership''.
You may not, but it is the number one thing we hear. District X has nearly 300 clubs and it is impossible to get around to all of them, but I know every club that does get a visit is always happy for the time spent by the DVP or AVPs.

If I ever find out that my money is being used to fund some kind of good 'ol boy, jet settin', banquet circuit, I'll put a quick stop to that.
This is simply a silly way to put it.

BTW - we are talking about +/- $1.28 of each member's dues for the total District budgets just to put this alleged extravagance in perspective.