RCU Forums - View Single Post - Venom-Racing GPV-1 motorcycle
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 10:26 AM
sboti74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Venom-Racing GPV-1 motorcycle

Well crap! I just got done typing this huge response explaining everything I've done and another million questions! Hit post and I guess my session timed out!!! Oh well, I'll trying and keep this one shorter.

dj and microdan, thank you both for your inputs! I love this hobby and it's guys like you that take the time for others that makes it so great! Thanks. Oh, to you to Dez, if you ever read this....

Okay, I've done most of the basic mods from Dez's thread. I'm still running the stock 72mhz system with the stock battery. Been holding back on my Mamba system and lipo install till I can actually make a few laps around my court. I just bought the front brake kit from Hobbytown (they had it for $29.00) but I haven't installed it yet. Hopefully I'll get a chance today. While I'm doing that, I'll do the fork end mod where I dremel the caps to make a little more room for the tire. I'll also check the front forks for any burs or binding. I hadn't done that yet as it seemed pretty smooth already. O-rings, O-rings..... I'm confused on which ones to move, where to move them and which ones to remove all together. Okay, so there's two O-rings, one on each side of the steering arm slider. Do I remove them both or leave? There are three O-rings on the right side slider link. Do I move those and if so, where to?

I'm going to change the D/R on the transmitter to the 55% area and see how that does. Thank you for that suggestion. Also, thanks for the turning tips. If I didn't know any better, I would say Microdan is an MSF Ridercouch! I am and to be honest, you described a 1:1 turn perfectly! Good to know driving this little bike is just like it's bigger brothers. Now just to learn to see what the bike needs to do rather than feel for it....

TOP TIP - The brass bearing spacer remains stationary in both forks and swing arm so any drag on the hex adaptors will slow your bike a lot, especially on kit motor.
Drill right through all discs and chain sprockets to give the brass spacer enogh clearnace. Use 6.5mm drill first to do it gradually, then a 7mm drill is perfect and still leaves plenty of material in hex.
Safety first, mind your fingers, the drill will grab, oh yes
(ask me how I know, drip drip drip...)
So hold hex in a tube spanner while drilling, not a vise or pliers or you will squeeze it and remove too much material.

On this one, I don't have a 6.5mm or 7mm laying around. What size should I use in Standard sizes?

Okay, I think that's it for this post. Thanks for all the help guys and for future info.