RCU Forums - View Single Post - 28cc Gas engine not getting fuel? Help please? i have not clue
Old 03-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: 28cc Gas engine not getting fuel? Help please? i have not clue

ORIGINAL: Steve Percifield

Can you post a picture so I can see if it's side intake or rear intake. If it's side intake, I believe you have not aligned the carb mounting block correctly. The carb must sense the pulsing of the engine crankcase pressure to activate the pump. There is a small openning in the carb, that must line up with the openning in the mounting block for this to happen. Zenoah offers a carb rotation kit and I have seen many guys install it incorrectly with the openning blocked and their engines do the same thing until the opennings are aligned. The carb simply doesn;t pump fuel.
Yep, not only have I seen it I have done it a number of times. If the gasket is installed so that the pulse hole is blocked it won't draw gas. Been there too!!! Make sure your gas tank is vented. The chain saw used a vented cap!! That's just an FYI, not your draw problem at the moment but if you don't vent the tank it will be a problem!! Yes, I have forgot to unplug my vent line too!!! So, double check the carb block and gasket!!! I'm betting the pulse hole is plugged.