RCU Forums - View Single Post - searching for info on Airspace
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: searching for info on Airspace

Strictly speeking of the facts! Here's what happened yesturday..

I went to Buttonville airport and asked to speek to FlighLine. I asked if they were aware that just on the other side of that large black building(and I pointed out the window at it directly across the field) that there was a person flying a Powered Glider with a camera on board. They were shocked and they proceaded to look up the official rules as per Transport Canada. They came up with the same rules that FD av8r has posted...... 602.45 No person shall fly a model aircraft or a kite or launch a model rocket or a rocket of a type used in a fireworks display into cloud or in a manner that is or is likely to be hazardous to aviation safety. I then asked "do you consider this to be Hazardus to your opperations here at this airport", and the response was "ABSOLUTLEY! He's flying right at the end of our main runway!" I then took this infomation over to the building near were he is flying his plane. I spoke with the Head Security of Senica Collage( the owners of the land) and I asked the Security officer if he was aware that there was someone flying a large glider at roof top hights, with in 1/2 a mile of the secound bussiest airport in Canada and with a camera onboard. He said that hed spoken with the person and that the person had reasured him that it would be ok becouse he is the the president of a model aviation club and he has many years of experience(I guess that means the rules dont apply to him) The security guard then permitted him to fly there. I then presented the security with the info I obtained at the airport and I was very clear to mention that "I" had NO authority to tell the security officer to stop the RC pilot from flying there. But that given the new information from the airport that the decission was his to stop this. He then said " I guess Ill be telling him that he can no longer fly here" and thats what happened

I should mention, whilst I know the person that is breaking the law, he is unaproachable and beleives that he has to answer to no one but himself.

In the beggining of the video you can cleary see him flying over a crowded parking lot were the students park. This is his first violation of MAAC rules.

Lets forget about the real aircraft for a moment and look at the Highway just YARDS from were he is flying. I geuss..No one has ever lost radio contact with there plane right???