RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dumas 1/8 Miss Circus Circus build help
Old 03-29-2010, 12:40 PM
cybercrxt
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumas 1/8 Miss Circus Circus build help

Brian, is this the kit you got from ebay from me?

If so, try and replace the transom with one solid 1/4" piece of aircraft ply, use those sponson former 1/8" ply pieces I had cut out instead of the luan ones that came in the kit. Once you have the framing put together, you should take a dremel with sanding barrell, and window out all the framing. You may actually want to do that once you have the bottom skin done so the framing stays square, but either way, remove a lot of that wood, and the hull will lighten right up. I highly recommend buying some Minwax satin urethane clear, coat all the framing wood with a foam brush. This will put a light barrier on whatever luan is still used from the kit. Once its on the luan, when you add your thin epoxy to waterproof it will not soak up a ton of epoxy and add a ton of weight. It will keep the epoxy towards the surface. Oh, here are some pics of the epoxy cowling I was telling you about. And one of the windowing out process on my Circus build. My guy will hopefully start production in a couple weeks. He wants to change the way the front turbine inlet installs to the cowling, lol, which is delaying things a little more! It will be worth the time tho! Mike Luszcz, [email protected]

[img][/img]