RCU Forums - View Single Post - Am I Braking Any Laws ???
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 02:03 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Am I Braking Any Laws ???

Ken is showing his age referring to Busch II. Now, I'll show mine. I grew up in a little town across the river from St. Louis. As kids, eight, none, ten, we would often ride the street car across the river to an elevated platform just east of Sportsman's Park. Cost us a dime. We would get off and walk to the stadium, getting there about the third inning. Timing was critical because we didn't have any money. Didn't need no steenkin money. The ushers would find something to do while we "sneaked" into the stadium to watch the rest of the game. The players would always exit the game through public gates, and they always had time to have a couple of words with some snot nosed kids. I'm talking about Musial, Schoendinst, on and on. One of those snot nosed kids grew up to play short stop for the Cardinals for 14 years and then on to become general manager of the team. Talk about the good ole days. Who in his right mind would give his pre-teen kids that kind of freedom now? Today, I am sitting here as I type this, watching the Cardinals' opening day game. Colby Rasmus just did his best Jim Edmonds imitation, going over the wall to make a spectacular catch.