RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wind to your back Landings.
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wind to your back Landings.

I conceder myself a good pilot and have flown many types of airplanes. I have had my share of crashes and most of them have been , when landing with a strong10 to 20 mph wind at my back . Put 3 planes in ,because I was worried about them crossing into the flight line / pits. The planes were 2 Twist and a4 Star .60 .
I had a guy fly thru my flight station 2 years ago with a ,60 size 300s with a 1.08 on it, wide open. If I had not thrown myself to the ground, he would have hit me square in the chest . Broke the gimbals on my radio and broke the plane in half behind the wing saddle when I fell on top of it. Pretty much gave up flying that yearas it really had me spooked. Last year started getting back into, thats when I started having issues crabbing withthe nose at me and losing planes . I find myself landing as far from the pits as I can , if I have to point the nose at me.
I really need to get this down, as I have no issues with any other maneuvers and even fly heli's and their closer to me than the planes. Any suggestions on a good way get past freaking out when landing with the wind to your back ? I know it sounds silly , but it's driving me nuts .