RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wind to your back Landings.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wind to your back Landings.

Thanks for all the replies . My problem is in my head , not with using rudder . . Once the plane crosses the pit area with the nose crabbing in , the butterfly's start kicking in . Just finished a CG clipped wing Cub, my second one and well maiden it this week. I'm hoping ,that the Cubs slower speeds well help me over come my jittery nerves .
I also have lots of hours in full size planes and use to own a TriPacer that I flew off my farm but that was 20 years ago. I'm also retired aircraft mechanic . What I,m trying to say is, it,s in my head , not my lack of flying knowledge . I,m going to try as Minnflyer suggested and use the Cub .Also someone mentioned lowering a wing into the wind, I'll try that with a low wing as that should help push the plane away from the pits when landing.
All my planes are set a tad tail heavy , I,m wondering if I shouldn't set one up a little nose heavy and try that , till I get past my spookiness ? Looks like it's going to be pretty windy the rest of the week and I.m going to go out and try to get these crosswind landings down. Wish me luck ! I need it.