RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wind to your back Landings.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:05 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Wind to your back Landings.

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

This is just what I needed to hear. I set up a nice line with a nice crab going and then , when I get close to the pits my mind quits thinking about flying and worry about hitting someone, or myself., when I should just keep flying the plane to the ground .
I wish I had posted this a year ago and asked for help . Sometimes the answer is just staring you in the face , but you just need someone else to show it to you. I'll be hooking up with Minnflyer and RCKen in July, if I don't have it worked out by then, maybe I can talk then into some Buddy-box time. Well be a first for me on that side of the box, but if thats what it takes , thats what it takes. Thanks for taking time and all the help , I admit , it is kind of and odd situation..
ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

t.[img][/img]
It is all about holding the line. A little more power, a little more rudder. Your the boss, so put that plane where YOU want it to be, in the air, and on the ground. You can Doooo it..
Your on the right track now, and that is all that counts. Remember, power (throttle setting) is the antidote for wind velocity. If wind is pushing you, a little more crab, and a little more power is all you need, to HOLD THAT LINE. Power will NOT increase your ground speed in that situation. A soft landing will still be possible.

Who wants boring old calm days all the time. Happy landings.