RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/18th Rally Cars
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 11:35 PM
MR.FEESH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/18th Rally Cars

Hey all

So I've been thinking of looking into 1/18th scale rally cars. The two that I was able to find easily are the DuraTrax Vendetta, and the Associated RC18R. If there are any other 1/18th scale rc rally cars (as opposed to trucks, stadium trucks, monster trucks etc), please include them in your replies!

First of all, I know that at 1/18th scale, these cars are barely going to hold their own outside. I'm not looking to use these "rally" cars as people do 1/10th size rally cars. I'm not really planning on taking these to a dirt track, or using them on gravel. At the most, non-brand-new pavement will be the roughest terrain lol. In alllikelihood, I'd just use these for simple indoor bashing driving that's a little more fun and rough than the way I drive my hpi micro rs4. I'm just looking to have a little morerecklessfun at the same scale as the MRS4 which has proved to be a great size for indoor fun. I know about the Mini-T and some other more truck-like RC 1/18th scale models, but I'm looking more for something like the on-raod cars, just with some nice tires and a good amount of ground clearance.

So I was curious, what are the general thoughts on these two cars (or the other that may exist)? They both come RTR, but the DuraTrax is the more expensive of the two and surprisingly requires a battery&charger. I'd be willing to bet that the option parts/upgrades would be more plentiful and accessible for the RC18R, simply because Associated is a fairly respected brand in the RC industry can anyone confirm this? The RC18R seems like it would be a blast there are a ton of cool videos of moded-out ones on youtube.

So let's hear it. Your take on 1/18th Rally cars. Good amount of option parts available? Thanks for reading!

Elby