RCU Forums - View Single Post - superchargers
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:34 AM
amax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: superchargers

The OS CV-RMx .18 is the most common engine used to upgrade 15 to 18 sized RTR Boats, it's a good strong. dependable engine that when Properly Set Up and Tuned can push the vegas well up into the 40mph range.
The Go Engine .18 is also a Strong, Dependable Engine with a couple Upgrades done to it. It is much cheaper than the OS but not available in as many places as the OS. I'm running High 40's in my Hydro with the Go .18's on 60% Fuel.

The MACS 3.5 High Nitro Pipe has become one of the most common Upgrade Pipes used on these set ups and works very well when Cut at 8.5" inches measuring from the Stinger(Outlet End) Forward.

I Personally have had better performance from the OCTURA Props running the vegas, the Y535, M435\3 for Stock\Mild Mod Engine set ups, X437\3, X440, X440\3 For Mod Engine Set Ups. I run the X437\3 on my Mod .18 Hydro set up.

My Opinion the Best Thing you can do the the Vegas Sponsons is a Really Good Print Job, and Hit The Water. The Vegas is already a little tail heavy and bow high and prone the catchin air under the front and Blowing Over at High Speeds, adding any lumber to the ride pads raises the bow even higher and increasing the chance of Blow Overs.