RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does UPS Really Settle Claims?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does UPS Really Settle Claims?

I urge anyone who reads this thread to cease shipping and/or consider another shipper. UPS disavowed any responsibility for the clearly inefficient handling of an ESM LA-7 that was shipped to me last week. First, they were suppose to pick up the plane to do an assessment of damage but the driver drove right by my house without stopping. I called UPS and sure enough the driver had reported that he had attempted a pick up but no one was home. Second, I requested an "on-site" assessment as I did not want them getting their hands on the plane again. They said they would schedule one but that never happened. I got a call from a claims person who e-mailed me directions for taking digital photos that I could send back to them so they could make an assessment. This morning I got a call from the shipper that UPS was denying any responsibility for damage. The reason was that the shipping container was not sufficient to protect the contents and they would not be liable for any damage. This is the same type of "container" that every ARF from China comes packed in and they said it was not sufficient!

Even though I started the claim and took the photos and spoke with their CSRs, they would not share any of this with me. I called UPS Corporate and they were totally uncaring and referred me back to the shipper. I know this is the "pot calling the kettle black" but as an accountant in the hospitality field it is easy to look past the customer and see only the bottom line. BUT, without customers there is no bottom line! UPS has a CEO who is a CPA and I have my doubts that he is in touch with not only his people but also his customers. I will not use any of UPS's services going forward and I strongly suggest other fellow modelers do the same.

Happy Flying! (Not Shipping)

Loopman [:@]