RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme 88" Extra Stab Problems
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 03:52 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Extreme 88

I hear ya. We've all been there...and will be there again I'm sure. It just depends on the project. If you mark the holes using the incidence meter you will be fine. Get the stab at 0 then mark the anti-rotation dowel with a sharp pencil or black Sharpy. Drill the hole. You can tweak the incidence with a round file if your hole is off a little. Just fill in the voids with quick curing epoxy. Once you get the anti rotation dowel perfectly set, just mark and drill the blind nut holes. Pop them in...check the alignment. If they are good put a little ca to hold them in. Even if they aren't perfect you can file the tab holes a little. The trick is to get the anti rotation dowel hole perfect. Then the two 3mm screws just hold it at that perfect incdence. It's easy.

I have actually tweaked my stab incidence on my Yak using the above method so I have sort of done this. It's a piece of cake. You can use the epoxy and a round file as much as you want to re-tweak the hole location. You get lots of tries. The dowel should fit snug in the hole at 0 incidence.