View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 04:51 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Extreme 88

ORIGINAL: Eganwp

Hey Joe,

Good idea on the epoxy filling method for adjusting incidences on the anti-rotation pins. I was wondering how the heck I could fill the holes slightly and file to get them exact and never really thought of the epoxy filling trick. Thanks for the tip.

BTW OP, I wouldn't worry about the screws being off. Quite a few ARF's I've seen/read about have this issue. Because they don't set your incidence (assuming your anti-rotation pins are really tight and incidence is solid), just redrill em as needed. Doing what Joe suggests is the best method if you want a really solid hole, but they're really just there to hold the stab on; not for AOA.

Looks like a nice plane dude!
Thanks. It's a method that can be done and redone until you got it dead perfect. Adding and filing epoxy does not weaken it, if anything it strengthens it. I got my Yak so perfect it actually needed no trims on maiden. That was weird. It was one straight Yak. I only needed to take out +1/2 on one side stab and -1/2 on the other. Wings were dead nuts perfect.

And you're right. Only the anti-rot dowel determines the incidence. The (2)x3mm screws just hold it from sliding off the stab tube. I just made sure those tabs were open enough so the 2 screws didn't change the incidence when you tighten them down. If the tab slots are open enough they won't.

Hey madfreestyler are you done yet? Just giving you crap dude. Get 'er done !!!