RCU Forums - View Single Post - 12FG manual RANT
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 12FG manual RANT

I notice that you live in Montana I spent five years in Colstrip, Montana beginning in 1980 and there were exactly two of us that flew RC. Everything I used came from Tower and they did a great job keeping me supplied. I do understand your frustration with the Futaba 12FG manual. For all practical purposes the 12FG, 12FZ and the 14MZ all program the same way with some minor variations. All three manuals appear to be translations of an original manual not written in English. They all include sentences with words that came from a foreign language thesaurus that mean nothing or are confusing or just plain gobbledeegook. Like "Tasting the ice cream will be greatly felt if by moving the trim when slowing the rate" I have the 14MZ and I have read all three of the manuals several times and find that there are small differences on the same material and the added difference helps if you keep digging. Reading the faq's on the Futaba website really helps and reading the many posts on RCU really is a great boost. The payoff is that when you finally get a good grasp of what these radios can do you will be elated. You have our empathy and many of us have suffered through the same frustration. I will say this if you want to feel good about these manuals then download the owners manual for the Futaba GY 401 gyro, read it thoroghly and then see if there is any chance in the world you can make the thing work. You have to know how it works to understand the manual it is the winner of the worst manual Futaba ever published. Good luck, have fun and happy flying.

Howard