RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 scale "JET" Dragster..!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 02:38 PM
knobby1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 scale

ORIGINAL: Mudgy

Hi,

Lars, PM sent to explain the beer song.

Smithy, that's one wicked machine you got there. I just had a look at my car, it's 68 inch wheel base.
I also can get straight to 114.75 km/h due to the revs I'm getting with the std gears......change out 1 sprocket from 20T to 17T and I should be doing 135 km/h.

I still need to learn how to drive this, so I will be sticking to the current set up first.

Over about 100 Metres, how fast you reckon yours'll go mate? It will obviously eat my one for breakfast [8D]
Hey Mud,
My car has a wheelbase of 75", I used a "real" T/F car as a guide, they have a 300" wheelbase...so 75" is as close to 1/4 as I could get..!
Learning to drive these larger machines is certainly a challenge, especially since I use sticks instead of a pistol type radio, not enough channels on a pistol for my beast unfortunately, I need at least six, throttle, brakes, chutes, afterburner, hot streak and the failsafe, I also have a manual fuel shut-off just to make sure, so that's seven all together. My fingers certainly get a little "busy"[X(]

I'm guessing my car will do ~5.5secs for a scale 1/4, this is using the maximum thrust vs the weight of the car, this doesn't take into account friction etc...so 6.0 secs will be a reasonable guess. Top speed of the beast "should" be just shy of 180kmh at the 100meter finish line. The car is quite capable of going a lot faster but the question is ...."where?" apart from a proper drag strip.

Don't be fooled into thinking my car will beat yours over a scale 1/4, your machine will probably eat mine off the line to ~50m I guess, then mine will get some real air moving..! Then watch out..!

Try to gear yours to reach max rpm just as it hits the finish line, this way you'll get the best out of it, or you could get a two speed gearbox..!

Cheers,
Smithy.