RCU Forums - View Single Post - LRP 30X truggy motor
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 03:50 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: LRP 30X truggy motor

IMO no. The 454 is already too much for a truggy. Though yes, the 30 will have tons of torque, and yes I did see an Asso team driver driving the Nosram version in a qualifier once.., IMO if anything I'd get a 21, or maybe a 25..

If you want to race, I'd say get a 21. Check out a Jammin JPX 21 from www.amainhobbies.com .. If you have money get an OS 25. If you just want to mess around, IMO the 454 is ideal. It has more than enough torque for a truggy, and a better top-end than the 30 will have.

In case you haven't heard before, with truggies and buggies, size/displacement does NOT matter. Most race 21's will make your truggy faster than the 30 will(unless your goal is hill-climbing or something...) Furthermore, the 30 will add a lot of unnecessary, excessive wear and tear on your drivetrain.

There are lots of good, affordable race 21's around these days. Check out the Ofna JLR 21, Jammin JPX 21, Go GXR 5-port, Alpha Z852 or S852, Werks B5, RB Killer 10, etc... All of those are good, solid, affordable race 21's..

Again, for just messing around, IMO the 454 is perfect though. If you got dough and want something really hot, get a modded Ofna or Jammin from Supertib, or an OS 25.

My $.02....