RCU Forums - View Single Post - Properly Setting up a Pull Pull rudder?????
Old 04-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Properly Setting up a Pull Pull rudder?????

ORIGINAL: trpastor

I was wondering if anyone had an article on setting this up properly? I know some dual servo arms come with an offset, but I've never really understood the theory behind it. I'm sure it's fairly simple but if anyone can explain how to set it up (for maximum efficiency, minimum slop) I would appreciate it!

I'm assuming the servo arm should be the same distance across as the control horns on the rudder (so if you are using a 2 1/2'' arm then it should be 2 1/2'' from horn to horn). What does the offset on the dual arm accomplish?
Thanks
The above reference to Ackerman is well worth reading and quite self explanatory. And, no, the servo arm need not be the same distance across as the control horns on the rudder. The distance from the hinge line to the rudder horn attach points can be longer than the servo arm with no problems. It can also be shorter but you need to be careful here. Check to make sure that there is no binding at extreme throw. If not, no problem if you make sure you have positive Ackerman.