RCU Forums - View Single Post - rcv120 sp
Thread: rcv120 sp
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 12:58 AM
blackrapids

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rcv120 sp

I have the120 SP mounted in a TF Corsair.Because it is a taildragger I have a lot of trouble keeping fuel to the carb when I am trying to start the engine. Once the engine starts it pulls the fuel just fine on the ground. I have not flown it yet. So I do not know what will happen in flight.It's currently set upwith the uniflow systembut that does not help me much with keeping slight + pressure to the carb before starting besides when I hold my finger over the muffler topush fuel to the carb it pushes fuel to the muffler also and tries to siphon my tank out.If I had known this before I would have mounted the engine so that the carb was muchlower than the engine. Right know it is level which means when on the ground sitting on its tailwheelthe fuel tank is lower than the carb. This 120 likesto haveplenty of fuel available when starting. Theengine does not like the uniflow system (on the ground) as well as the 2 line system.It sputters and is difficult to tune.I do not know whichsystem willperform better at altitude.Right now I am more confident with the 2 line system. Can I use pressure from the crankcase such as use with a regulator. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks, Brian