RCU Forums - View Single Post - just won this ..Scorpio Palio Pro
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 04:22 PM
sir crashallot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just won this ..Scorpio Palio Pro

well she flew but only for 20 seconds. day was a warm day with a gental breeze, did all the checks and got myself to the top of the hill and let her go. 2 things happend, she darted to the left due to the cross wind, secondly the rudder seemed very slow and delayed. anyway brought her round and the plane snapped to the left and i lost allot of hight. secondly very sensative to the elevator. my conclusion is its slightly tail heavy as when i brought it in to land it tip stalled about 3 feet from the ground and broke the left wing tip off. no big deal its a clean brake on the joint and just requires abit of epoxy to glue back on. so that put a stop to the test flights. all in all it needs more weight up front so il see if i can sqeeze the battery pack right up the nose. secondly i found the rudder pushrod flexs inside the fus so il spray a quick shot of expanding foam down the fiberglass fus to trap the pushrod outers and that will be theend of that problem. wing tip will glue back on easy enough.

so i will carry out the adjustments and repairs as needed then report back in a few days when i have done a second flight on her and maybe a third if all goes well. dont you just love the teathing problems one gets with a new model haha. the link is to the short video of the maiden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqNbRqW4QzA