RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hanger 9 SUCKS!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 05:32 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hanger 9 SUCKS!!!!!

First, sorry about your experience. We all understand and have been there. To add to what has already been said, these things happen to all makes and models of R/C aircraft. You are or where angry and wanted to target someone to blame. So you aimed straight for the manufacturer, Hanger 9. That's fine, and I'm not saying your wrong. I'm just saying this could have easily happened with a Hobbico or any other brand trainer as well. Now I want to give you a senario. I'm not saying this is what happened, but I want you to concider other possibilities.

Let's just imagine you are getting your plane ready to get to the field. As you load the plane in your vehicle you bump the elevator against the inside of your car/truck. You look at the elevator and see it has no aparent damage. you gently realign the control surface that was moved by the bump and proceed to the feild. Okay, the gears in these servos are nylon. if they did not break they could have cracked. Now you add the vibration of the running engine and servo use in flight. The nylon cogs in the servo fail from the previous bump in the car. Now it apears in flight that your servo has failed or "locked up".

Either way, getting mad is easy. Overcomming obsticles can be the challenge.