RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti 77 Advance Pro Opto vs Castle ICE 80 HV.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:58 PM
2Sunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jeti 77 Advance Pro Opto vs Castle ICE 80 HV.

ORIGINAL: ExFokkerFlyer

Having switched between the two a few times myself I noticed that I had to adjust my thottle curve considerably. The Castle produces the same amount of power, but in the mid range you have to adjust the curve to achieve the same feel as the Jeti. My Jeti set up is almost linear. Castle, is not... Stick at half is about 70% throttle.

I would think that that could have explained a great deal of the "feel"!

Definitely worth checking out next week. Thanks for the input.

on another totally separate note that is almost worthy of a separate thread . . .

I also flew one flight today with the Jeti Spin 75, and what I experienced was a thermal cutout.

I was flying about 4 minutes in and I noticed something wasn't 100% right, but it came back quickly so I wasn't sure. Then about another 30 secs in I had a definite loss of power to where I came across the field in front of me in "slow down" mode and recovered to normal power so I played with it for another minute or so to be sure having some confidence about what was happening. When I brought the plane down I put the Spin Box on the controller and found a measured temp of 103 degree C where the limit was 100. Then talking with my buddy and mentor Chris tonight he mentioned that he believes Jim O. had had a similar experience and solved the problem by adding a heat sink to the Jeti Spin 75. I realize this is buried in a thread not mentioning the 75 but there it is . . . another tiny iota of info for the web

Joe