RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Craig 01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

ORIGINAL: Craig 01

Hi all,

I have a few saito engines,1x .56, 2x.62, 1x.72, 1x.82 and 1x.125 and have enjoyed reading all the posts in this forum and of course my Saito's.I recently purchased stainless bearings from RC bearings to replace the originals as on a couple of engines they have become a bit rough,yes i use after run although unfortunately i live in a area with high humidity.
I am posting with regard to the bearings received.I replaced a set in my .82,only gone as far bearing/crankshaft/prop driver fitment and am shocked at the amount of radial play in these bearings.I can shake the case and it sounds like a kids rattle and i can feel/visually see the crankshaft movement.The crank to bearing fit was tight and bearing to case fit is good.I have checked the rest of the bearings received and they all have very sloppy clearances.They actually have more slop than a clapped out set.I also noticed the bore of the bearings slid on the crank part way from one side but when turned around would not slide onto the crank suggesting a tapered bore.There is no manufacturer marking on any of the bearings.
Surely this cant be normal and the quality of bearings from RC Bearings is suspect.
I have sent Paul an email with what i have found and am waiting on a reply.I purchased from RC bearings due to the many recommendations in this forum and others and i am quite dissapointed with the bearings received.
Has anyone of you come across this issue?.Has the quality slipped from what i have read it to be?.

Cheers,Craig.
G'day Fellas,
I received a reply from Paul at rc bearings and apparently the loose fit is within tolerance for the C3 stainless bearings,he measured them after i returned them,so there you go,certainly too loose for me to use.
Ended up ordering genuine saito for all my engines and have replaced the .82 bearings.Smooth as silk,no rattles or slop.
I am changing from using ATF and air tool oil to Mobil 1 full synthetic as an after run and see how that works out.Also used the Mobil 1 as an assembly lube.