RCU Forums - View Single Post - does voltage affect power in a battrey?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: does voltage affect power in a battrey?

ORIGINAL: laextreme

wow guys thanks this is all the info i need. and idont think your post was geeky flyer, but very informative so you say that if the motor could take the amount of amp draw, so would the vxl motor be able to?? sorry for all the questions just a noob trying to figure it out ha
Good, because I tend to ramble off a little extra info, just in case anyone likes that stuff too.

I don't understand your question though. "If the motor can handle the amp draw the vxl motor be able to?"

Do you mean "if the motor can handle the amp draw, does the VXL ESC have to be able to handle it too?"

The answer to that would be yes, everything in the system has to work together. If the motor pulls a certain amount of amps (depending on the load put on it) the battery needs to supply that (so it has to be up to par) and the ESC is in between them, and has to be also able to handle the amp draw.

To put it simply, it is always better and safer to have a battery and ESC be able to handle MORE amps than what the motor's maximum rated amp draw is. This way, the bottle neck is not your ESC or battery, but whatever the motor can do, if you look at it that way.