RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best weight choice for radio battery (more pics added)
Old 05-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Best weight choice for radio battery (more pics added)

Back again. It's Saturday morning, and it’s cold and damp out, so I thought I’d take some pics. Now please remember a couple of things. Many of these pics were from boats I built when I was 13 and 14, many of them are covered in dust, and as always, one man’s junk is another man’s treasure…or vice-versa…..hmmm….that was confusing….

So, this first pic is of my Lil Swamp Buggy with the Pixie radio:

This next pic shows my home-made Meccano gear actuator. Can’t believe I still have it. It was opened up for some reason so I caught an internal view showing the worm gear. From the rust, you can tell I operate on salt water.

The following pic shows the updated CitzenShip actuator. The red loop antenna wasn’t much good as it’s horizontally polarized and of course the transmitter antenna is vertically polarized. I see two 9 volt battery connections, so I must have used one for the receiver and one for the actuator.

I had referred to this pic of my Drag’nFly 20 as a tunnel hull, but it’s actually a hydro with some tunnel hull characteristics. Meant for an outboard, I chose the optional route of an in-board installation.

Here’s my unfinished Sk-daddle 40 with the marine hardware kit in the background. Unfortunately, there’s an oil stain on the wood and I was going to varnish it. Perhaps I still can if I use some stain first.

This last pic is of two boats. The boat on the left was an experiment to try a Cox 049 as an inboard installation. My design skills weren’t terribly good back then,….LOL. I never finished it as I wasn‘t happy with the results. The boat on the right is an air-hydro constructed by my son when he was about 12 from a sketch I drew. It was intended for an .049, but is too small. Maybe a .020, although I don’t have one. I used to make these for 049s out of old wall panelling, bits of pine, Styrofoam and electrical tape! No RC, … just let them go.

Just a bunch pics of odd, old boats. Thought maybe one or two of you might find them interesting.