RCU Forums - View Single Post - D8T + Novarossi N21BF??
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 12:40 PM
jmaxey51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: D8T + Novarossi N21BF??

ORIGINAL: mattyb13

Jmaxey51,
I am about to drop in and get the D8T. The Jammin JPX .21 is high on my options list of engines to get for it. How has that engine performed for you? I have heard good things about that engine but considering you are running the EXACT settup I am contemplating I am VERY interested in your feedback! There are so many good engines right now in that same price range that honestly I am somewhat confused. I am also curious about that JL.21, or the Reedy VR121, Alpha (BUT which one) or maybe even a Nova (however, I have NO idea which Nova would best suit a truggy.) I am looking to put "ballpark" $250 into an engine. I would go a little higher or certainly lower if I could but I want at least $250 worth or power. I had a V-Spec in my Cen Matrix TR C2XPRO. It was really flying and keeping up with anything out there until the conrod snapped at 2 gallons and absolutely destroyed that poor engine!
the Jammin JPX 21 works amazing in that truggy! my dad actually bought it for a buggy and he didnt like the power plant, however i loved it, it was ok in buggy, a little to much IMO and it worked pretty good in the jammin X2 truggy i had and then i put it in the D8T and it seemed like it was made for that truggy. but be for warned the carb isnt the best, i have 7-8 gallons in the engine and its still very strong but the carb is shot. other than that it was worth all of the $200 that it cost (i got it when they first came out and Amain had a sale on them). i havent ran a JL so i cant really comment on them, but im worried about how long they will last. now the Reedy is awesome but they are having issues with the silicone coming out of the crank and ruining the engine, i heard you can just take it out and run it but youll loose about 30 seconds of run time. on a nova the one that is my favorite and i think is perfect is the plus 4, i know it says its a buggy engine but its perfect for truggy, smooth power plant. when i was going to get a engine this past week it came down to the plus 4 and the Alpha (green head) but my sponsor had Alphas and if i wanted a Nova i would have had to pay alot more for it and he has a bunch in stock. so i went with the Alpha and i have to say im very happy with my choice, best engine i have ever driven by far!! amazing power plant with tons of power, more than you need most of the time. i raced it yesterday and man was it awesome, i was getting 8+ min a tank and its not even fully broken in yet, they dont fully breakin for about 2 gallons. if you go with an Alpha get the Alpha 801 pipe, perfect combo.

IMO the two engines i would look at is the JPX 21 or the Alpha. the orange head has more snap off the bottom and the green head one has a smoother bottom but about the same up top. i prefer the Green head but im planning on getting a orange head in the next month or two to try it out. i just wouldnt get the red head one.

i hope this helps with your decision.