RCU Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Hobbies Spectrum DX6I Malfunction that destroyed my aircraft
Old 05-10-2010, 09:33 PM
sawooten
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horizon Hobbies Spectrum DX6I Malfunction that destroyed my aircraft

well matertech I did start off nice.... but when a rep tells me that its not there problem and they admit that there TX is more than likely at fault for the accident they are not going to replace my planes.....

which is horse crap.....

like I said before you cannot make a $200 product and not back it up...... especially when some people have 10's of thousands of dollars worth of aircraft on them....

and I know all of the legalities involved with this.... hence me contacting my attorney..... and if there TX is found to be the fault for the crash due to faulty wiring, factory defects, etc..... they are responsible for replacing everything it damages..... why else would anyone recall things..... they would just let it break on people and say oh well.....

this is not only unethical but it is also illegal..... and I am not slandering them at all

its called freedom of speech and all I am doing is warning others not to get screwed over by this company because they dont care about there customers enough to stand by there products..... alot of good it does to replace or repair the most inexpensive part of my completely destroyed airplanes......

if the shoe was on the other foot and you had been through what I had this weekend you wouldnt be making the comments you did..... so for the record I was very polite and respectful to the rep from HH I spoke to this morning until no matter what I said even with them admitting the TX was more than likely the problem it wasnt there problem and I am just S*** out of luck

ORIGINAL: Mastertech

ORIGINAL: sawooten

well first off Mastertech.... I put the second plane up as I explained in my first post because the first plane was its maiden flight so we werent sure what caused the crash.... could have been anything i.e.... bad battery, bad connection or wiring.... anything.... however when two airplanes one of which had been flown on a JR 72mhz radio perfectly for a couple months now..... when they both experience the same problem it seems the malfunction can only be attributed to the tx..... a tx which specktrum has coincidentaly had to recall in the past for the same issue..... so dont act like i am an idiot or a bad pilot..... I had multiple senior very experienced pilots standing next to me the entire time and everyone has the same conclusion..... its not pilot error its specktrums tx and naturally Horizon doesnt care that they sold me a faulty product that destroyed my only aircraft and that I spent a year and ahalf saving for them and building them...... Im just one of thousands of customers so I dont matter to them..... but this is one veryvery dissatisfied customer who isnt going to just roll over...... I for one and I know many others that are with me.... will never purchase another horizon product and I will be seeking legal counsel and reporting them to the BBB...... you cannot sell someone a faulty product that you know you have had problems with.... hence the ''RECALL''.....

I never said you were an idiot or a bad pilot, I said you did a silly thing. We've all done silly things at the flying field. Like Flying a second airplane with a possibly faulty transmitter.

I'll give you a hint.

Never fly a new radio in an airplane you care about. Keep an old trainer/sport plane around for testing new radio equipment. Fly it like you stole it for 30 flights.

Given your adamant stance against Horizon I doubt they'll try to do anything to keep you as a customer.

If I had a customer at my front counter screaming at me like your post you'd be asked to leave and never come back on my property. Now if you'd come in and explained the problem in a rational calm manor I'd do whatever I could within reason to help you, I bet they will as well. I understand your frustration but blasting a company in a public forum then threatening legal action gets you one response from most any company.

"All further contact will go to our Lawyer"

I've no doubt you have a transmitter problem, given the cost of a new transmitter versus a new plane, I'd never fly that transmitter again.

Given the airplane went to full throttle and crashed tells me you possibly didn't have failsafe programed correctly.