RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wet Sanding and Buffing??
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 04:30 AM
Dreamin Hemi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wet Sanding and Buffing??

ORIGINAL: miniature_business

I was looking at a pro form system its available at carquest here in canada. Have you ever used the 2 part clear coat systems in a spray can? As well, what's your take on Top Flite LustreKote Crystal Clear?
The pro form seems to be a decend product, certantly good enough for our models. As far as the Top Flite system, I have and still use that stuff with my r/c planes. The colors are designed to work with the best covering material ever, Monokote!.....a nearly perfect match. It is not a 2 part system, but it does resist fuel to an extent. Woulden't use it in a boat application however.

If you have access to basic spray equipment and want to save a lot of money, you may consider buying practically any of the rattle can spray paints availible as a base coat. I have had customers want to lessen their cost for the boats I build and I can get away with emptying the contents of the rattle can into my auto detail spray gun and shoot from there! The results are 100% better than the aerosol spray job. You then spend the money on a cheap urethane clearcoat.....about $20/quart for the clear, $10 for a little can of activator here in the U.S. Spray that on and you've got one great paint job. By the way, there is not much that you cannot spray over with urethane clear......it sticks to practically everything.