RCU Forums - View Single Post - Buggy suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buggy suggestions?

ORIGINAL: rpg711

ORIGINAL: BIGMANE42

you can get the ofna picco rtr for like 300 from www.amainhobbies.com a spektrum 2.4 ghz sport radio 99.00, 2 hi tech high torque servos 35.00 a piece.that will keep you under 500.00 .and if you want a good pipe go with the jammin jp 3 pipe 77.00,this is all you need my friend this combo will scream.i suggest until you get the art of tunning an engine down, purchase some bluethunder 20% sport blend until you get more familiar with temping your engine.hope this helps.one more thing order the odonnells purple sport glowplug for 5-20% nitro fuel. your from new zealand ,blue thunder may not be available in your area but go with th equivalent of it in a sport formula. you need the extra oil for your engine to run a lil leaner.
While more oil forces you to run leaner to achieve the same results as less, there is less actual combustable fuel, which means you will be running erratically. For example, running Crapxxas top fuel(the #1.. in crappiest fuels ever made) made me tune the engine super lean, which meant it ran at around 280F(for a force .21 P4 that I had at the time, was bad), burnt plugs like no tomorrow and had all sorts of gunk building on the engine. High oil content isn't what you are looking for, what you are looking for is either 100% castor or otherwise high quality oil, and less of it(8-12%), so in other words, sidewinder race, byron's race gen 2, odonnell race.

Race blend fuels are cents more expensive than RTR/Sport blends, for example O'donnell RTR 20% may be 13$ a quart... O'donnell Race 20% is 13.59$ a quart. Race blends have less oil but enough(if you are running odonnell, that is) to keep your engine in great condition.
thats not nessaraly true. i ran wildcat 20% nitro and 18% oil for years and it ran awsome and idled great in fact it almost never flamed out for any reason.
Also i ran this in my traxxas 2.5r and i kept normal temps and my plugs lasted months.
I would still be running it now except its getin hard to get arround here so i decided to try out byrons gen 2.