RCU Forums - View Single Post - proper nitro engine supercharger?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 01:25 AM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: proper nitro engine supercharger?

so, i've been down this road and it does work but you do have to make a restrictor of some sort for the supercharger itself. it gives you instructions with the charger that are pretty explanitory. as far as the port timing, all intake ports close fully just before the exhaust port closes. while this takes place the piston is still on the rise and the intake window in the crankshaft is still open for a breif moment which allows a little forced air/fuel charge to enter the engine just before it closes. now, with the pressure build up that takes place before the next window opening as crazy as it sounds i think that the whole boost bottle theory might work well with this app. also there is a pressure tap hole on the supercharger body that allows you to run a fuel pressure line to the tank for a little boost in fuel pressure. tuning on this kind of app is a little different and takes a little figuring out. because of the extra pressure you can almost run your needles to what would seem like a leaner setting, but really isn't cuz of the extra pressure pushing the fuel through at a much faster rate. hope i did not cause any confusion. let me know if you need more help.

they do have overdrive pulleys for more forced induction.