RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI Blitz... any good?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 12:39 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HPI Blitz... any good?

ORIGINAL: john01374

The Blitz is a very good truck but it does need a couple of things right away. The stock servo is not very good and should be swapped out. It's slow and doesn't have the torque to point the wheels where you want them. A $20 traxxas 2075 is a great replacement. The Servo saver is also set very loose from the factory so it needs to be tightened up. Other than that I would just go over the entire truck and make sure all the screws are in place and tight. My truck was missing a number of screws and everything was loose when it came out of the box. Not sure if anyone else had these issues but I was shocked. It's common to have a few loose screws on any RTR but I have never before seen any missing. Maybe mine was assembled by someone having a bad day...

Other than the servo and missing screws my truck has been bullet proof. If you plan to do any racing you'll want better tires. So far I have not found a track that the stock tires work on. Just use them for the street and general bashing.
where did you get it from?
if it was a LHS maybe someone opened it and they just resealed it. I've seen places pull crap like that before try and sell returned or opened products as new that were missing parts