RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maxamps Out of their Mind????
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 11:58 PM
austinelse
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxamps Out of their Mind????

rc18junky- In all seriousness, I get what you are saying for sure.

I understand that they seem the same to you but I can assure you that they are not. Not the same capacity, not the same voltage under load, not the same life cycles. Not even close.

There is no way we could be in business at $80.00 on our 4200 3S pack. We have the prices set as low as we possibly can with the membership program, overhead, and cost of goods. We can not lower them any more and still be in business to support our customers when they need it. We will be here for the long haul. We have seen half a dozen or more american competitors go out of business over the last few years. We are still going strong because of our business model, the quality of our products, our warranty, and our customer service. People are willing to pay more for quality, freshness, performance, service, a 3 year 300 cycle warranty, authentic plugs and taps of your choice installed for you, quick shipping, and no hassle. Not to mention the safety concerns regarding building a lipo pack correctly. I have talked with customers who purchased packs elsewhere and found wires taped to the tabs rather than soldered.

Like I have said in this thread several times. Some people see the value in what we do. Some people don't. It is OK if you don't.

The ones that don't may see the value when they order a pack elsewhere and it arrives dead or lasts for 5 cycles. Over time we will earn more and more customers when they get left high and dry elsewhere. We get calls every day from customers who have had bad experiences elsewhere and are tired of wasting their money on cheap packs.

Thank you again to the guys standing up for us here. It makes my day to see people stepping in and defending us.

-Austin