RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maxamps Out of their Mind????
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Slo-V Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxamps Out of their Mind????

Geez too much of this redundant stuff already folks.

In defense of Maxamps, how many of you actually run a business that is your source of income, as I think Maxamps is to its owner? Now I have no idea what their expense or overhead is but I can imagine they are in it for what most businesses are - revenue and god forbid a healthy profit. My family has been in the toy store business for the past 7 years and it is NOT fun when you barely make a profit trying to set your prices cheap so "everyone" can afford it. Maxamps caters to a certain niche in the market, or target customer. If I can't justify spending that amount of cash then that's my choice. If customer X wants to spend big bucks then that is who will be Maxamp's customer and has been which is why they still exist as a lipo/battery vendor.

Obviously if they were not getting enough customers, then wouldn't they have packed up and closed shop YEARS ago?

Though I have no idea about how good or bad their quality is, as it has been mentioned above, you won't go whine to Lamborgini that their cars are too expensive because a Corvette or Subi WRX can go fast, so Lamborgini should lower their price to something you should be able to afford? Really?

One thing is right, I would be interested in seeing any kind of discharge data that compares Maxamps to Thunder Power or whatever other popular "quality" choices and see how they fair. That will speak for itself.