RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flyn' the H9 Funtana Set up's and Mods
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 10:15 PM
dorjes
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flyn' the H9 Funtana Set up's and Mods

YS .63 on mine. Wing dowels on mine after a gallon of fuel have definitely wallowed out, even with CA treatment. Added carbon fiber mat reinforcement on the "trough " where the carbon rods join the stab , and they've held, even through a corn field. (see below).

Two things:

1. take the decals off using mineral spirits and a Qtip , working the edge of the decal and pulling with hemostats after you raise an edge. If you change out the Qtips frequently with fresh mineral spirits you end up with very little adhesive residue on the plane. I used a heat gun on one of the decals and most of the adhesive stayed on the plane - much more difficult to clean off.

2. This bird is tougher than I would have imagined. Put mine in the corn yesterday ( wind shear? radio ? the devil? DUMB THUMBS) and only crushed a small area of the leading edge , otherwise unscathed. My buddy "landed" his upside down on a REALLY low inverted pass and his was unscathed except for a broken prop and some cowl rash.

Mine has some interesting moments when it climbs for no apparent reason - don't know if it's the thick airfoil and some wierd thermals or the incidence changing 'cause of the wing shifting or what. I've tried APC 12/6 and zinger 13/4 and APC 13/4 - so far, the APC 13/4 suits me the best.

And the YS .63 is not overwhelming on this plane. Not exactly blasting out of the hover. Fun to point roll and stuff like that - some roll couple with rudder and some pitching in knife edge , but no problem.

Elevators well in a breeze, wings are solid, haven't gotten a good waterfall out of it , but I'm new to waterfalls. Not the easiest plane to get on the ground in a breeze.

Overall a fun plane and worth the $$.

Dorin Luck